Abercrombie's Best Served Cold limited cover

Monday, April 30, 2012


Joe Abercrombie posted the cover illustration for the Best Served Cold Subterranean Press limited edition of his novel.  The artwork is from the very talented Raymond Swanland.  You can take a look at Monza (and Shivers in the background).  From the comments on Joe's blog, it seems that some people think that her head is in an impossible position, which is debatable.  Anyway, I think it looks amazing and as Joe puts it; let Raymond Swanland kick our ass! :)


3 comments:

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

I like how chaotic it looks because the artist set the characters at an angle instead of forming stable shapes like triangles.

Cursed Armada said...

One of his best for sure... Stunning! He is quickly becoming the best illustrator in fantasy literature. I still think Justin Sweet is my favorite though;)

Showtyme said...

I just turned my head... Got that same position, so definitely not impossible.

Really love this cover. Wish I could actually afford Subterranean Press editions of books.

a Fantasy Reader All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger