A Song of Ice and Fire recap (from The Wertzone)

Monday, July 4, 2011


With A Dance with Dragons coming up in only 8 days, I started searching the internet to find good recaps of the first four novels of A Song of Ice and Fire, A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords and A Feast for Crows. I have read the four novels many years ago so I really have to refresh my memory aside from the TV series. While Wikipedia has a small plot summary and a couple of other websites go to greater length, I have to applause the wondrous work done by Adam at The Wertzone. Over the last few weeks, he posted a thorough "the story so far" in four parts.

Don't forget that it's full of spoilers (mostly so in the parts 3 and 4 covering the era of the novels), so if you haven't gone through A Feast for Crows I don't think you should read it. For everyone else like me looking for a nice recap, let's all thank Adam, amazing work!

Part 1 - The ancient history

Part 2 - The Dragon Kings era
Part 3 - A Game of Thrones and A Clash of Kings
Part 4 - A Storm of Swords and A Feast for Crows

15 comments:

Bets Davies said...

Cannot. . . .read. Not done with the first books yet!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU for posting these links. Seriously. I've been trying to hunt down something like this. I knew someone's blog somewhere must have a synopsis, discussion or something... Anyway, thanks for posting.

Phil said...

Always a pleasure Sarah! Adam did an incredible job!

Agentkooper said...

Thank you so much. I didn't want to re-read the first four before Dance. Thank you.

bansidhe said...

I'm so grateful. Its been so long I'm afraid to start the 5th book for fear I'll be lost! I've been looking for just this!!

Ivan | Segunda Mano said...

Game of thrones is, probably, the best TV serie that I've ever seen.
It's raw and real like none, and reflects the European Middle Age (althought was fantastic, not historic) in all over its dimension.
The characters and the script have an incredible depth.
Perhaps, the sex scenes and explicit violence are too frequent.

Bejerano - Piscinas Prefabricadas said...

One of the series mas interesting of the moment. It hooks the spectator

Bricoleal Palencia said...

A collection of indispensable books for any lover of readings of the middle ages

Julio | portaextintorhogar.com said...

2 º season does not disappoint. It is a series that it was marking epoch.

Anonymous said...

tou did a great job. congrats!

Unknown said...

i found this song icr and fire on many blogs. i like the game of throne very much of all these.
best regards: http://mp3videosongs123.blogspot.com

Mark said...

Great thank you! Can I be cheeky and ask if you'll be doing a Dance with Dragons one before Winds get released?

Unknown said...

Pls add dance of dragon also..

Unknown said...

Pls add dance of dragon also..

Unknown said...

Pls add dance of dragon also..

a Fantasy Reader All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger